The main discussions this morning were held around the scheduling of ketamine proposed by China.
The Chair opens the session.
1 - Agenda for the special segment of CND focused on the UNGASS
In the last CND interssesional of 29th January, member-states discussed the agenda for the Special Session on the UNGASS at this year CND. The work at the 58th session of the CND, including the work of the Committee of the Whole, will be available in the website of the CND. The revised of work of the Special Session, including the decisions taken at the 29th January inter-sessional will be available at the website of the Commission. The African representative for the extended meeting will be the delegate of Nigeria (Mr. Mohamed Sh.). Eastern European states need to nominate their candidate for the Vice Chair position.
2- UNGASS BOARD and the composition of the UNGASS Board
The nomitation on behalf of the Asian pacific group for the first- vice-chair have been the delegates of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Afghanistan
The composition is now the following:
- Hungary representing the East European estates
- Portugal representing West countries
- Colombia and El Salvador representing Latin American countries and GRULAC.
- Iran and Afghanistan
Now, there are 6 members at a 4 members board, so we might need to consider this.
3- Opening of the 58th session of the commission
After the adoption of the provisional agenda, it is agreed that the at the opening session of CND in the morning of 9th March, there will be:
- A statement by the president of the UNOCD and a statement by the president of the INCB
- GRULAC and Afghanistan have confirmed that they will deliver an statement at the opening of the session
Other states confirm their participation:
- Latvia on behalf of The EU will also deliver an statement
- Chile will also deliver an statement
- Nigeria on behalf of the African Group
- Iran will deliver a statement
- Colombia – minister of Justice will take the floor at the opening session
- Bolivia – minister will be deliver a statement
- (Another LA country ) State Prossecutor will deliver a statement
- Russian Federation – The director of the federal service against drugs will deliver a statement